Monday, August 20, 2007

Have I Mentioned.....

...the living with diabetes part of my blog. There is much more to the big ball of diabetes then just my training and racing. STRESS is a huge part of the chaos that causes blood sugar woes! Stress makes you want to crawl under a rock and not get your butt out there and train. Stress fuels thoughts that would never cross ones "normal" mind. How do you break the cycle? I have never quite found that something, but one thing is for sure....stress can kick your a**!!!!

So...in light of current situations....and so little racing this year.....I look forward to the next race. Another sprint distance with my friend Shannon. Sunday I will wake up fully focused and ready to go. Stick to the race plan...stick to the race plan. I do this because I love it...I do it also to show we diabetics CAN do it! And on race day.....stress will no longer kick my a**.....I'll do the a** kicking that day!

No comments: