Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Random Thoughts

  1. Is it age or diabetes? Which one takes more of your brain cells, because I can't remember squat anymore!
  2. Jealousy is complex, unnerving, and at times a good feeling. Jealousy can fuel a passion underneath you like no other...AND it can be detrimental.
  3. "No it's not a heart rate monitor or mp3 player!"
  4. Who is it at my insurance company that thinks that a CGM is experimental, unproven, and still under investigation?? So...I will send them these results. CGM Trial Results
  5. I hate that all my best efforts for a good bg day can go down the tube in an instant.
  6. I hate that all my best efforts for a good training day can go down the tube in an instant because of diabetes.
  7. I love having best efforts!
  8. Placement of a pod proves to be difficult when wearing a swimsuit...not a racing suit, but a girly, on the beach kind of suit. THEN you have the issue of tape marks and bullet holes that are clearly noticeable! I always say that I don't care and won't hide them, but I'm lying....I hate it!
  9. Everything that is hard is always worthwhile!
'Nuff said?

2 comments:

Mike said...

Sheesh! I'll only pick on statement 1 and 4! :)

1. You don't want to hear my answer! lol

4. The problem I have run into with the insurance company is that CGM measures your glucose through subcutaneous fat and tissue. This tissue takes longer than your actual blood to show your sugar reading. So there is always a lag between what your actual BS is and what the CGM is reading. My insurance company said it was not wise to make insulin adjustments based off of CGM because of that. So even if I pay the exorbitant amount for CGM I still have to check using my meter 3-4 times a day.

That is what i Haven't gotten over yet even though I've been approved and everything is good to go from MiniMed to get CGM.

Ah the life of diabetes!!!

Happy Thursday!

Scott K. Johnson said...

5 & 6 hit home for me. How so much can change so fast. That hurts every time.