Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Onward and Upward...2010

Well, it's that time again. The time where you say your goals out loud, and hope that no one remembers them so they don't come back to bite you in the ass.

My 2009 year in semi-review
(It's early to do a year in review, but I want to start looking toward 2010)

2009 was the year of no racing. It was one of the hardest and easiest decisions I've ever made. Hard because it's the first year I haven't raced in any event since 2001 I think. Easiest because my training wasn't up to par. I mean really, really not up to par! Why kill myself to race when I can't race well?

2009 was also a year filled with stress. I had to travel quite a bit for DTC, not to mention the work that went along with it! They were long trips and I missed being home terribly. The last DTC Camp was in Oregon...which had to be the hardest for me to date. We had a very old Airedale, 14 to be exact, that had been going downhill for the past year. Decisions had to be made, and Brent had to put him down while I was gone. I'm sure it was harder for him then me, but nonetheless it was an awful time not to be home with him.
Then there was the move to the new house immediately after I got home from that trip. We had a tremendous amount of help from friends and family that made it easier...but still stressful.
THEN......he realization of not racing with my teammates of Team WILD set in. I set out to do the Austin 70.3 in October with them, but when training was too hard to get in, and money was tight, I had to back out of the race. NOT the team but the race. (AND the training camp they had down in Austin I missed!) The countless emails that were bounced back and forth with details of the race were heartbreaking for me. I admit I skipped most of the team phone calls partly because of that. Since I am the official blog poster for the team, I have read every single blog post, and enjoyed every one of them. Bittersweet to read them, but it was the one thing I could do to participate with the inaugural event. Inspiration is a word that's tossed around a great deal when people speak of Team WILD, and being a fellow teammate it's no different. Thanks to all the women of Team WILD for inspiring me all over again!

Ok...out loud...here are 2010 race goals:
  • 3 Olympic distance races
  • Team WILD 70.3...wherever that may be

And then there is that dangling carrot......

3 comments:

Mike said...

That's it, I'm holding you to this!!! :)

Nancy said...

crap...I figured someone would..figures that it's you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.