Wednesday, March 19, 2008

All Time New Low......All Time New High

When I mean low....I mean low!! This was a couple of weeks ago. I never had anything quite like it. That really doesn't mean anything except that I have been lucky enough not to experience one. I was minding my own business...eating a nice Mujadrah (lentils, cracked wheat, onions) dinner with Brent....not realizing what was to come......after dinner.....during our Whole Foods shopping trip. I actually made it to the car and on the way home it was like a lightening bolt...first the confusion, then the obligatory stuffing of the face with Skittles......then the Smarties...then the sweating.....by the time I got home I was soaked in perspiration and freakin' Brent out I'm sure. I didn't even bother testing....I was guessing in the 30's. I downed a few more carbs because I had only eaten 1 hour previous and I know I've got a lot of active insulin flowing through me. Well, I couldn't have been more WRONG!!!! In true Nancy form I over corrected, and by the time I went to bed, (feeling like a lumpy piece of Jello I might add), my bg had soared to new heights. To heights I have only seen once...when I was diagnosed. Let's just say the next morning when I got up to go to the gym....I didn't go to the gym. I felt like a truck hit me. What did I learn you ask?? I have theory's. Mostly involving the Symlin, the 2+ hours of training in the AM, and low glycemic food. But I have no doubt that if I had that continuous monitor on none of this would have happened!!!! This was a fun day to remember!

No comments: