Monday, March 24, 2008

Nothing New

I woke up yesterday morning in the way I normally do when anticipating a trainer ride. In other words...I woke up procrastinating....AGAIN. There really is a common theme to this blog in the winter isn't there?? I got the bike set up, Ipod set up, DVD ready to go, and a little bit of coffee and carbs to speed me up. Sounds exhausting already doesn't it? I now start the 2 hour ride of monotony. Sugars were great throughout. I had a few more carbs then usual, so it rose to 156. Still a great number. I decided not to fuss with the basal rate because of it and just checked often. I was stable throughout! Ended at 96. Just wonderful! So this slightly higher number I had during the ride played an interesting part in my effort/energy. I felt more of it. And in a way made the ride less repetitious. Now there a few things that could also be contributing to the energy. I'm more hydrated, I'm back on the wagon with the vitamins, and had a great nights sleep. At any rate, It was a good morning for sure! And how's this for living on the edge....I had a different breakfast! I know, I know...Holy Cow!!! What is she thinking??? I did eat the usual egg white/fake sausage/homemade bread thing....BUT..... I added a protein smoothie. It's my new kick. Love em! Oh, and don't forget the coffee. Do any of you other diabetics feel like coffee makes you insulin resistant?? I've been noticing that.

I ended my day with a great dinner with my family. Happy Easter to us! When I got home I was part of a conference call with my Mari and a new friend Courtney. We have some exciting stuff in the works for 2009. Some things have to come together first, then maybe we can talk:) Mari is one amazing chickypoo!

No comments: