Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Eco-Friendly Diabetic Part 2

I realize most diabetics out there have a snapshot or 2 of this kind, but I'm sharing mine anyway. If I stop and think too much about this photo, I'd depress myself! Not so much for the landfills that others are filling, but because this is a snapshot of about 3 months worth of diabetes...without insulin bottles, tape, lancets, test strips......(FYI..don't put the 357 batteries all together, they get very, very hot. Duh!)
Weep not....I will now move on, and embrace my eco-friendliness!

1 comment:

greenzenmonkeegirl said...

Nancy, I googled eco diabetic and found your blog and I'm hoping you can help me. I'm a treehugging sustainability chic. I have a diabetic cat. Insulin is the only option for us at this point.

I'm trying to find a better option than that given to us by the vet (just throw the container in the trash)...

I've found an option for sending the sharps to be disposed of properly, with much less space used. But I have yet to find a bio-degradable syringe or at least one that is smaller than the normal size.

Do you know of anything that I can check out? Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

Carolyn
ps - please contact at greenzenmonkeegirl@gmail.com

THANKS!