Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I'm Committed...or Should That Be Committable??

Oh boy...I did it now. I went and signed up for a half Ironman. See what turning 40 can do to you. The craziest things come out of not wanting to age. Hopefully this will be my only nutty thing I will do in 2008...but who knows....a century ride is sounding cool too!

Training is going to be tough, but I'm looking forward to the challenge. Right now it's a lot of base training....low heart rates and long durations. I'm also getting very focused again on my eating. I have fallen off the wagon for a bit with that...stress eating I suppose...but now I'm back on the wagon and hopeful that it will help me lose that extra 10 I've put on. I wish someone would just tell me..."Nancy, put down the bread". I just love the carbs!

I just had one of my longest swims this morning. It was about 3500 meters...or 2 miles. My arms feel like Jello, and my skin stinks of chlorine...and will stink for the rest of the day as Brent has been so nice to point out. Blood sugars were great! Even with being in the pool for 1:15. It started at 96 and ended at 117. I think my eating habits are helping with this.
Yesterday was a great 1:15 run in the 60 degree weather. How's that for global warming?! I mean how crazy it that for a Michigan January? Unreal! Blood sugars were not so great. Started at 130ish and ended at 202. Not sure how that happened...it was a very aerobic run...no high heart rates.

My life is finally settling down some and the stress is slowing melting away....this should make for a good 2008!!

No comments: