Wednesday, January 30, 2008

That Darn Dog

Why is it when you have a hard workout planned, something...or shall I say somedog....gets in the way. We had a terrible wind storm last night. Very loud! I was sleeping fine until Cooper,(he was Brent's dog last night) started whining for an hour. I think he thought he was missing something outside. I'm sure he figured that the noise was being made by someone. Long story short...Brent lets him out and can't get him to come back inside for what feels like 15 min. Maybe it was. Then neither of us can get back to sleep. Hence....5AM workout goes out the window! I hit that alarm like 5 times and don't really remember it.
So I'm home from work early and will have to adjust my training to a indoor bike ride on the trainer. Thanks to a new Spinerval DVD I just got, it shouldn't be too painfully boring. So, stupid me forgot to change my basal rate for the ride. I'm now ingesting carbs to compensate for that. I hate eating when I shouldn't have to......like when I'm dumb enough to forget to lower basal rates. Now II'm going to have to check sugars more often during. I suppose that's easy to do indoors...so I shouldn't complain....but .......that darn dog!!!

No comments: