Friday, February 01, 2008

Running When You Don't Want To

So, this is test week. I have a series of tests to do in each discipline. The swim was to find out my current 100 meter pace in the pool. The bike is kind of hard indoors as my computer on my bike is set on the front wheel, and that doesn't move when I'm on the trainer. And yesterday was a run time trial. But the problem is it's a "I don't want to get out of bed to run" morning. I got enough sleep, so I wasn't tired. I was just not motivated...at all! My schedule was telling me to do a 30 min. time trial...(to find out my current lactate threshold)........ and mind you I had already done a 1 mile time trial on Monday. I knew it was going to be hard...harder then the 1 miler. I wasn't in the mood to do "hard". But, I dragged my butt out of bed and went to the gym. I loathe the treadmill, but it's a good for controlled workouts. I warmed up for 5 min. or so...then got the good playlist going on my iPod...and off I went. It went better then I expected. I was still never 100% motivated, but I made it through. I averaged a pace of 8:30 minute miles. I can say, that is the fastest I've done that time trial. So, obviously something is working in my training. As for the blood sugars? I thought they would spike like crazy with the anaerobic nature of the run. They were surprisingly great...even with some strength training after. So that was nice!

The next time I don't want to get out of bed, I'll try to think of the progress that's been made.

No comments: