Monday, February 18, 2008

Relieve The Boredom

Backtrack to Sunday morning......
Cold and icy here in Michigan...which means another day on the trainer. I really do like the DVD's that I have, but the music...oohhhh the music is just awful!!! The nice thing is that you can do the workout without the music. So my new set up for a 2 hour ride goes like this:
Small computer speakers...volume high
Ipod....volume high
And one long extension cord
1 gel
Gatorade
Nalgene filled with water in between the aerobars (I refill once during too)

With only a few interruptions from "that darn dog"....who I really do love to pieces....workout was great. As great as and indoor workout can be. Here is how the bg's looked. Yes, I actually kept track of them this time!

8am start-128
10gm of carb -bolus.4u
45 minutes into 113-lower basal 30%
sip on Gatorade
1:15 minutes into-127
Still sipping on Gatorade
105-after 2 hrs. of riding

Last ride I used a gel because I was going a little lower then I would have liked. This day seemed more stable to me...so the Gatorade did the trick. It was the new Gatorade...G2...lower in carbs...so I sipped a lot.

I can certainly say that having my own music was way more motivating then the crap they have on there. I realized part way through that my heart rate was creeping up to the high end of zone 3.....a heart rate I don't want in base phase of training. I can only attribute that to the music.

So, today was a run day. That darn dog was up a lot again last night...he heard something again. Good thing he decides to have those nights on my days off. I hit the snooze button WAY too many times and missed my early AM workout. I woke up and ate breakfast with less insulin for the anticipated run later. (Don't want to be chasing the sugars again...re:post Feb. 11) Drove the Brentster to work, stopped off a Target for a few things...including Sport Beans as a "just in case"...then onto the gym. I tested while I was in the car and it was 132. So I lowered the basal rate, ate a few beans and a Pria bar...22gms. I picked my treadmill and set up all my crap. I'm probably the only one who brings everything but the kitchen sink to the gym...AND has it with them at all times. What must everyone think when I test my sugar??? Or fiddle with my pump??? I do pick a treadmill in the corner in hopes that someone doesn't pick one next to me...but not today. (Does everyone have President's Day off? Isn't it a Hallmark day???) I can test pretty secretly...but still...I still get a tad self-conscious about it. I drank only water and the bg's stayed in the 120-150 range, but after 1:15 min. I was at 105.
I need to copy and paste today for another day!

No comments: