Thursday, February 14, 2008

It's Better Then Halloween

Really...it is. Valentines Day is about candy too...but mostly chocolate. But isn't dark chocolate good for you? That's my rationale and I'm sticking to it! I really only had a piece or two of a very mediocre quality. Thank goodness it wasn't Godiva, or some great European brand because I think I would have ate a whole box. I've said it before and I'll say it again...it's God's cruel joke giving a diabetic a sweet tooth!
So, the bigger temptation are the Tagalongs that Brent brought home from work. Not just one...but 2 boxes! I've managed to keep my grubby little hands off of them, and trying my hardest to keep them out of my mind. Do the diabetic visualization of watching my meter numbers go up. Or the very visual junk in the trunk when I look in the mirror. Take your pick. Either way...I'm staying away from that stuff I call crack.

So, let's go back to the beginning of the day shall we? Pretty uneventful, which in my world of training is a big plus. I like the days that are predictable and smooth. Although I did wake up around 2AM sweating like a pig again from a really nice low...a 49. Evidence of wet PJ's in the morning is proof I've slept through them before. Not sure why I woke up this time, but very glad I did. I drank that juice box I keep next to the bed, sweat some more, ate half a granola bar, sweat some more, and fight the urge to eat more. Then I finally fell back asleep. The alarm went off in what felt like 2 minutes, but was really 3 hours later. Man...what are the bg's gonna look like this morning??!! Pleasantly surprised at the 158. It could have been way worse. Because I know this bod of mine, and it likes a little more insulin in the AM....I bolused .3 units and made my way through the frozen tundra to the pool. Not a terribly hard workout today..only 3000 meters...and I can't believe I just said "only". There was a day when that seemed impossible...and now I say "only"...that's funny! Blood sugars ended up at 137. Nice!
Now on to something else.....
My Dexcom rep called the other day...out of the blue. She asked how things were going...and I gave her the run down on not using the monitor. The cost mostly. Anyway, long story short...she says that Blue Cross here in Michigan has covered sensors for some patients. I'm getting the forms and they do the rest. I won't hold my breath, but it's worth a shot. I'd really like to get back on a continuous monitor soon. I think my A1C will go back down...not to mention with the extra training I'll really benefit from it. All that said...I really want the Minimed one. I love Minimed, I love Minimed, I love Minimed, I love Minimed....etc. Good Karma my way please!

No comments: