Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Why Is He Right??!!

Why is it the simple things drive me crazy? I try for weeks to lose a couple of pounds...not a lot, just a couple.....and Brent drops like 10 dress sizes? In my ever supportive way I tell him that it's great, and then underneath my breath I say why can't I. So of course he catches that and proceeds in a self-deprecating way to tell me that..."I sit on my ass all day and don't move...you are a freak(my words here not his)and exercise like crazy...your body adjusts...blah,blah,blah....AND you're pumping insulin...blah,blah,blah...AND you have to eat sugar for lows...blah,blah,blah....I hate it when he's right...but alas, I love him for it. I must have married him for his perspective. So when you think about it, it's a not so simple thing that drives me crazy. Actually pisses me off...but only when I think about it. I'm going to find the cookies he's hiding!

Ok, what workouts did I do yesterday?? Oh, yes...the swim....3400 meters to be exact. About 2 miles. I tried something new with the insulin. Thank goodness there were no people in the pool, they would have thought I was nuts. Nice thing about a long swim...a lot of people come and go while you are shrivelling up like a prune.
Looked like this:

5am-122
5gm-.3units
1hr. into swim, get out of pool,hook up for .2units
Total swim time-1:20
121-7:30am

Awesome...it seemed like the little something extra helped....but here's the kicker...2 hours after my breakfast it was 226. I thought about the wrong carb count, but I eat the same thing every morning...yes, the same thing...right boring...boring and predictable! So I'm thinking that it is still the basal lost from being unhooked from my pump for 1:20, or more like 1:30-1:40 when you factor in the shower after. As the wise Doctor Matt told me not too long ago....that's just not normal to be without insulin for that long.
No one ever said I was normal!

No comments: