Thursday, February 07, 2008

A Long Hot Winter Indoors

I think I've mentioned in other posts that riding a trainer in the winter is BORING!! Too bad it is effective training. You can control the intensity and environment. Which is good for a diabetic. It's easy to check blood sugars and correct if needed. Just press pause on the DVD...again thanks to Spinervals....and then get back to work. This morning was 1.5 hour ride. Easy aerobic ride....yeah right! Nothing like seeing 5 inches of snow out the window and be sweating like a pig. (Do pigs sweat?) But a good ride. No complaints. I think I rode around 28 miles. That makes it sound even more boring doesn't it!? I woke up ready to go too...which was nice. My blood sugar was a nice 105, so I fueled up and bolused for around half of the bar I ate. Then surprise, surprise...I dropped to 74 only 40 mins. into my ride. That's not sarcasm either...I really was surprised. Drank some carbs and continued on...all the while multitasking...I was getting the ingredients into my breadmaker. Who says I can't walk and chew gum?? When the ass kicking ended my blood sugar was at a perfect 102. Big smile on my face!! Why can't I get that to happen on a race day? Hopefully it will be a good blood sugar rest of the day.

No comments: