Friday, November 14, 2008

World Diabetes Day

I've tried to decide what I would do on this day. I could do the obvious and wear blue, but that just isn't enough is it? Besides...would anyone really know what wearing blue means? It's not like pink...everyone knows what a pink ribbon means. So here I am trying to think of something profound to do, and then I realize that I'm already doing things for the cause. Diabetes Training Camp, Team WILD (former DiabetesSisters Triathlon Team), Type 1 Rider....not to mention every time someone sees my pump and asks about what it is I educate them.
World Diabetes Day is about awareness, so today I will wear my blue and show off my pump, and maybe just to add some impact I will show all the poke marks on my fingers and poke marks where my infusion sets were. Too much?? Actually, do I have anything blue in the closet?

On a not so serious note, check out this blog entry on what not to do on WWD. I laughed out loud! I personally like #8. Thanks to Kerri at six until me for finding it!

2 comments:

Mike said...

Right on! I get more questions now that I it's winter and my business casual shirts have to be tucked in. I wear my pump on my belt and get a few questions a week. Everyone thinks it's a phone, much better than a beeper! lol

Happy WWD!!!

Mike said...

Whoops! I mean WDD!!!