Wednesday, October 29, 2008

There's That Ode to Joy Again

No talk about pumps today...although I do have the Animas Ping now. Updates on that to come:)

I received the best gift ever for my birthday back in August...the Swimman!! The time just fly's by having music in the pool. This if actually very funny to me, because I when I run with my iPod I'm trying to do the same thing. But I came to the realization that I need to run without it because you aren't allowed to use headsets during races. You need to dig deep inside for your motivation to keep moving....and that takes practice in training your mind. But having music in the pool has been great and interesting to say the least. Not only do I have my pump attached to me...now I have the Shuffle clipped to my goggles and the headset sticking out of my ears. It sure attracts some questions, and I'm always happy to oblige.

I have very eclectic taste in music, there is no doubt about that. I have a rather mellow mix, for me, on the Shuffle right now. My swims are all about form right now, and not so much speed, so there is no need for ass kicking, get your heart pumping music. I cleverly put the Ode to Joy and the end for the cool down. The clip below is how I felt during. (Not the beginning, mind you, but near the end. By the way...one of my favorite scenes from this movie!)

Amazing how a piece of music can change you.

No comments: