Friday, October 24, 2008

It's The Bomb!

So far, Omnipod is great! I've had tape issues, which I have never had with my Minimed infusion sets, so that's frustrating. I really had to tape it up!! Too much tape for my liking, which I'm sure insurance wouldn't cover. I did have a lot of water and sweat going on.....I swam for an hour or so on Wednesday, ran for an hour on Thursday, 1.5 hrs. of spinning this morning plus 4 showers. Not insane for my life, but maybe that's just insane for the Pod. Again, I've never had issues before with all the activity...just a different product. I used a heavy duty adhesive on my second Pod this morning, so we'll see how that goes. I'm keeping an open mind....there are pros and cons with any pump of choice. It's just how much certain things will bother you. I don't think the tape is a deal breaker...for now. I do have to say this whole tubeless thing was appealing and was a big draw for me, but not necessary because the long tubing really didn't bother me.....but now...now I'm beginning to wonder where this has been all my diabetic life!:) Pretty cool stuff!

I have decided they...meaning the pump manufacturers...need to custom make pumps! Wouldn't it be great if you could add on what features you want...i.e....size, color, functions, waterproof, infusion sets, continuous monitor...etc. Al la carte if you will....AND have it be totally covered my insurance. For that matter...can it be my phone and iPod too???? That's the world I want to live in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When it comes down to you choosing your pump, if tape is going to be the make or break factor there's something you need to try. You may have heard of it before, it's called Mastisol. I rub it wherever the tap is going to be on my body and leave a little hole where the needle is going to be placed then when it drys i connect my pump.

That stuff is amazing. It will hold sites on for a long long long long time. I've occasionally had to fight to get them back off.

It's even held on after several days in the pool, a trip to the green lake, and multiple days of sweating from cycling, and, it was on my belly. I think that's a good test right there ;)

It's pricey in it's own right, but a little goes a long way.