Thursday, March 12, 2009

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

Really?? Does it? I will admit that when I travel this is too true. I recently spent 10 days in Tucson, Arizona with Diabetes Training Camp doing my usual gig of running the logistics for the week. Brent was traveling the days leading up to my departure, and we literally crossed paths in the air! 2 weeks without him was tough. It's very nice to be home and getting back into the routine of our life. I am a creature of habit...just like the dogs:)

Does the absence of training make the heart grow fonder? Absolutely not! It makes you sore and crabby, which makes you unmotivated to do it. Am I speaking for the whole group here? I'm heading to my trainer after this blog post so I can kick my own butt into gear. My race schedule is getting tweaked and will be ready to show the diabetes world what I will be doing for 2009....so I must kick my butt frequently now to be on task in time.

Does the absence of blogging make any difference? Probably not for most of you reading this, but it gives me a chance to write down thoughts and it keeps me honest and true to my goals. So, yes it does make a bit of difference to me.

Are you sensing a running theme here? The absence of hard training, blogging, and the absence of me:) Finding what truly makes me happy again...getting that life balance back. That brings me to goals for the year. Which have changed a bit from my last goal list. That will have to wait for another post!

Bye for now! See you at the races:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy you're back and blogging, I missed reading it :)

I can't wait to see how your goals have changed and what you'll be doing this year.