Monday, May 05, 2008

AHHHH...The Recovery Swim

Nothing like the power of time...it heals all. One day off the saddle and in the pool, and the backside feels fine!

But boy that swim didn't feel like effective training today. It probably was, or will be in the long run. The legs were like 2 bricks trying to stay afloat...the arms were Jello after about 30 min. I have found a love for swimming, but not feeling the love today. Blood sugars were good though. So something is going right. I woke up around 5:30 AM and tested at 73. Of course not horribly low, but enough to want to bring it up for a workout. This is where the brain spins. Do I eat without a bolus? I'm going to disconnect from my pump in 20 min, and not hook back up for over a hour.......oh the dilemma! Food + No Insulin=High BG and a bad swim. Well, I usually just follow by gut, and the gut says eat 10gm, and bolus .3units. Off I go for another trial and error morning. When will this ever be predictable?? It worked great...the gut was right this time. I ended at 121. Must remember this for another day!

No comments: