Saturday, May 17, 2008

Why, Oh Why



Someone answer me...why does a diabetic make homemade ice cream???? This has got to be the most dangerous thing ever!! Brent and I bought a machine last year...with my FULL intention of making the sugar free, fat free version...which I do, but only sometimes. The real stuff is just sooooo good! I limit my serving to a half a cup or so, and hopefully I don't go back for seconds. It's almost summer, and hard to resist.

We all know how I combat all the junk....swimming, cycling, running. The problem is I actually have to swim, cycle and run. With the fear that I won't be ready in August, comes the blowing off of workouts. Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know.....why does that happen you ask? It seems so counterintuitive doesn't' it? You would think the fear would make one work harder wouldn't you? Why doesn't this happen with me?? I just fall off the wagon more.
Someone....please....WHY?

Having said all of that...I look forward to a great ride with my friend Dana tomorrow morning. Weather permitting, it will be her first ride outside since her "incident" last year. The incident being a stroke. I'm really looking forward to it, and doing my anti-raindance all night! This should put things in perspective for me right?

I'm sure I will finish the Half IM in August. I just need to forget about finishing with a good time. My only need is to finish with a good blood sugar, a smile, Brent at the finish line, and hopefully not collapse!

No comments: