Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Finally!

Let's talk Monday! Ok, let's see if I can remember Monday! Swim in the AM...awesome. Did a ton of drill work then put it all together. I am one with the water now! Maybe two with the water anyway.

VERY hot today...I stress VERY!!! After lunch I headed out for a run with our new coach this year, Ray, who happens to be diabetic also. Big plus in my book. The plan was to do 800m intervals at a sub max heart rate. In other words...HARD! In that heat was a real challenge. We all made it through a warm-up, 3 sets, then a cool down. YIKES! Even with dunking my arms and legs in the ice bucket that had all the Gadorade and water I was still hot.

Ok this is so not in order of things happening. I'm sitting here in my room with my friend Mari and she is reminding of all I've done. She can remember, why can't I?

I got hooked up to a continuous glucose monitor again. I know I have one now of my own, but hey I figure I'll use up their sensors at $35 a pop right? Lot's of pain and anguish with that. Problems getting it to work..3 sticks to put sensors in...yada, yada...but all is good in the world now and getting readings all day.

Lectures.....
Ray, run coach, spoke about his career before diabetes and about his diagnosis and career with diabetes. Great stories and a great coach. He has an assistant with him...Graham..very funny, very young. Kids today!

Technical lectures....do you want to hear them?

No comments: