Friday, June 22, 2007

Refreshed?

Woke up pretty refreshed today. More like rested. I decided to take it easy. Recover from yesterdays activities. Had a great swim this morning! Put it all together. Did a lot more swimming this time. We also got to review are swimming video from the first day, and compare it to today’s video. Boy, just when I get one thing ironed out another pops up. I’m going to swim tomorrow to get the legs in order!

Relaxation! AHHHHHH! Had about an 1 1/2 hours to just chill out. I need it too. Chatted with campers and staff, snacked, etc. Now I have not mentioned any sports psychology and not because it hasn't been good...just because I missed that session a couple of days ago for my VO2 test. Today she had us doing a little teamwork exercise. Did peoples personalities come out in force on this one! You certainly learned who wanted to be boss quickly! From there it was lunch.

In the afternoon I decided to take a nice recovery run with the run group. Only 3 of us. That was nice. It was to be a nice tempo workout at 70-80% of your max heart rate....so that's slow and steady for me. I tried a new plan with my insulin and fuel with Matts advice...we'll see how that goes. Nice 15 min. warm up...20 min tempo...20 min. cool down. Perfect!! Beautiful park, great temperature...great afternoon! Blood sugars kept dropping low during because of the lower intensity. One Gu and part of a bag of Mike and Ikes candy took care of that, and at the end of the run I was in a perfect range! Now this wouldn't remain the same....so trial and error is the life of a diabetic, so Nancy must be flexible and go with it and stick with the plan I set up with our leader. I trust him...so I continue.

We were asked to be part of a focus group for Matt this afternoon. It seemed to be for new product design stuff. Our group kept going left and right of that subject, but we always came back. Interesting stuff...I wonder what will come of that.

Tabouli??!! What a dinner for the veggie tonight! I also got some eggplant veggie something or other. Awesome! It feels like home...someone cooking for me.

Matt had a terrific lecture on exercise induced hypoglycemia...technical...great....I won't do the details!

Got back to the hotel and got hoodwinked into going for a drink...which is what I had...1...really...but I stayed on until 1ish and laughed my head off. There are some funny people here!

No comments: