Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Is Today Tuesday?

Today I can remember!

Not so early wake up today. Mari and I decided to eat here at the hotel instead, which is much better food, so no need to get up at the crack of dawn. After that we headed over to our meeting area at the Rodale Aquatic Center here in Allentown. I was suppose to go with the run group in the morning. but quickly decided to go cycling instead. That turned out to be a great decision on my part. Only 4 of us! Jacob(yet another young funny boy), Mari, and her brother Marty(yes he's diabetic too) Off to a parking lot we went. Now I'm freakin out because last year was a little disheartening for me. The realization that I'm not a bike handler was hard. But were a small group and maybe I'll get more time? Absolutely true. I can pick up a water bottle while riding, jump, and corner like nobodies business...oh and I can go with no hands now. Why was that easier as a kid??? Key...overcoming the fear factor. What kid has fear I guess. Anyway, worth the price of the ticket!

Usual lunch. Rick Crawford finally came out of his sleep deprived coma and joined us. He was with Team Type 1 while doing RAAM. Look forward to hearing more of those stories soon! He was suppose to talk tonight, but time got away from us with a great lecture by our fearless leader Matt...more on that later, or maybe not...very technical, I'm not sure I even get it yet!

I'm hittin the pool again! This time backstroke. Nice to change it up. Very similar to the crawl, but on your back....duh! Ok, more to it then that, but you get it.

VO2max test!!!! Nervous? Naw, not me! (Note sarcasm here) I got out of the pool with a low blood sugar and did a bunch of correcting then onto the bike for the test! I got all hooked up and started pedaling. 15-20 min. later I'm done...sweating like a pig. The results were pretty much the same as last year, but Rick will go over them later with me. I guess I had hoped it would get better....me? Perfectionist?

Last....we had a sponsored dinner at a TGI Fridays. Forgive me I forget the company. We all let loose a little bit. Laughed a lot. That was nice!

Gotta sleep...over and out!

No comments: