Saturday, June 23, 2007

Ohhhh, I'm Tired

Well last night ended up too late for this early bird! I slept in a bit and missed a swim while my great friend Mari went on with her brother to dunk in the pool. I went a bit later to meet up with them to meet the cycling group at the park. Outstanding ride. A little too much traffic for my liking, but we did great! We got there just in time for the pacelining to begin! This time...fast! It was thrilling! My heart rate was way up there with all that intensity. I don't know that I stopped smiling once...I think I got bugs on my teeth! After the thrill was gone some of us rode back at a nice pace. Once I got back I really felt the lack of sleep. Usually I don't need much, but I believe this week is finally catching up with me. Am I getting too old for this $@%*??? Ok, bad statement...I'm SO not too old for this, just maybe not at this pace huh?

At this point Mari and I are fried, so we ate and decided to skip Jay's speech, lecture, whatever you'd like to call it, and take a nap. Apparently we missed a good one, at least that's what most people said....pretty inspirational. Oh...the pillow was calling me though. So I really don't nap well, and when I wake up I'm usually worse then before. But this was a risk I was willing to take...and after a 2 hr. HARD nap I woke up...yep...worse. The shower helped a bit...then dinner helped a bit more, but still not a 100%. I have to get it together because we are going on a field trip tonight!

Around 7:30 we all head out to go to the Lehigh Valley Velodrome. It is world renowned, and if you have never witnessed track cycling...crazy fast and very strategic.
This photo is of 11 yr old girls...the one in the front won. She was fast...geezzz!

We got home around 9:30...not so early tomorrow, so this will be good!

No comments: