Sunday, April 20, 2008

Another Brick Under the Belt

"What time are you getting up", he says. "I dunno", I say.
I just love that early morning ride, but when you are going alone, it's hard to not hit the snooze button. So that's what I did...but only once. I'm sure to Brent's surprise...but he had to get up early too.
My goal for today was to do a long brick workout. The best thing for that is to be properly fueled and hydrated. I stretched out the morning eating a good breakfast with the obligatory coffee. Yes, I drank water too!
I got all the gear loaded into the car to headed to the park. I really do miss walking out my door, onto my pony, and meeting friends at the corner. The area I live now is pretty congested with traffic, and I just don't feel safe riding the roads as a single rider.
It's now been about 2 hours since breakfast. I purposefully drove my sugars high, 202, for the workout. I ate about 10 gms of carbs on the road...a just in case measure. I got to the park a half hour later and the bg was 213. Good thing I listened to my gut and did that just in case eating!
I got on the trusty steed...the Felt today. Wow..it's been awhile since I was in that aero position. On the road I mean. I've been aero plenty of times on the trainer lately, but on the road there's the balance issue. Getting into the groove never seems to take too long, and with the stunning day ahead of me it's hard not to let that adrenaline catch up with me.

Here's how it looked today:
10:40am-213 at the start
11:15am-167
11:53am-90- swallowed an icky tasting gel, 25gm(don't get raspberry flavored GU!)
12:30pm-101- drank 15gm Accelerade(new one with some protein in it..not bad)
Commence running.....ok, after putting the bike in the car, and a small rest
1:11pm-after 3 miles 111...isn't that weird? Maybe I should play the Lotto!

I stopped my the bagel joint on my way home for a whole wheat bagel with peanut butter....UMMMMM good. I never eat bagels..too carby. But I love an excuse to eat the stuff I can't...have to replace those glycogen stores!

No comments: