Thursday, June 15, 2006

1st Day!

The 3% of my brain is swimming already! That's in a good way. The first day and I have learned so much already. Mostly about the diabetes with the training and what biological effects it has on the body.

I had my Vo2 max test...I'm a 50...which they say is good. Put it this way Lance is probably in the 100's and up. (ok, that's just a guess, might be an exaggeration, but you get my point)So I'm certainly not elite, but a little better then average. Basically that tells me where my training zones should be. Great info for my "Yoda" coach! Are you listening B?

Then a little free time....swam about 30 min. Went to eat lunch...that was ok. There were a few items on that were veggie friendly. Went back to the pool and got filmed swimming. No underwater camera like I thought....so we are going over the tape this AM.

Now I finally had some down time before the evening talks and dinner. So I went back to the hotel and showered and went through the big folder of info and agenda they gave us. I also got hooked up to a continuous glucose monitor (CGMS) to wear for the remainder of camp if I want. I'm going to love looking at the trends of what all the exercise does to my numbers!

I drove a nice guy, Rob from Colorado, back to dinner. He has a brother that lives in Clarkston...imagine that...the world keeps getting smaller!
AMAZING talks last night! A few cheesy ice breakers, but the one that stood out was the women, Mari, that had quite a story. She is a camper not a coach. I wish I could say it all, but VERY inspirational! We are a diabetes band of brothers! And we're sticking together!

I'll try to write more later....VERY busy...must fly to breakfast.

No comments: