Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The very L O N G day

Made it here fine. About 10 hrs. with lot's of breaks to stretch the legs and of course......pee. Speed limit was 65 most of the time...and for all of you who know I have a lead foot....I did go the speed limit...or a tad above. Thanks to the book on my iPod the time went by fine!
Just as I was pulling into the hotel parking lot I noticed a guy with 2 tricked out tri bikes on top of his car.....New York plate. We introduced ourselves and he happens to be one of the coaches. He asked me a few questions. What distance tri do I do. I thought I saw a "look" when I told him sprint and Olympic. I could be reading into it. Then he asked how long....3rd season. I called myself a newbie, and he just smiled. I think I may be in over my head....we'll see.

I went over and over my list of things to bring, and forgot to bring towels. How can anal me forget something with all the lists and going over them....oh I guess 1000 times? So off to the store. Good thing I have my computer with me...mapquest is my friend!

It's not going to be an early morning tomorrow. My VO2 max test is at 9AM. Then it looks like a free day as they check everyone else in. I will probably swim. Depends on the ankle...I'd love to run!!!

No comments: